The full form of BA Hons. (Shastri) is Bachelors in Arts Honors in Sanskrit. Shastri (शास्त्री) is a three year undergraduate degree programme for candidates wishing to delve into the world of Sanskrit Language. One of the most popular options to get started with a career in Sanskrit , the course gives you an insight into the world of Various Aspects of Sanskrit in our life along with all other Modern subjects .
Shastri degree is considered to be at par with a BA Hons. Graduate degree + specialisation in Sanskrit. The degree helps interested students in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Sanskrit Literature.
The Best Part is Students can use Shastri As a Surname after completion of this Graduate degree Program.
Hence After completion of this Graduate Degree candidate is Eligible to apply all kind of Govt. and Private jobs .infect he/She have more career options like he can join India Army as a JCO RT.
Eligibility for BA Hons. Sanskrit or Shastri Course
To pursue a Shastri programme, one need not have Sanskrit as subjects in Class 12th. In-fact, candidates who have pursued Arts or Commerce or science in class XII can also join the course. the only thing require is your interest to learn Sanskrit . Also there is not any Age Limit to Join the course .
Basic eligibility requirements for a Shastri course:
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 from any stream with minimum 40% to 55% marks in aggregate (the pass percentage might vary from college to college)
- While some colleges/universities admit aspirants on merit basis, the others admit students on the basis of personal interview and written examination.
- Candidates with Hindi and Sanskrit Subject upto 12th given priority.
Note: The eligibility criteria might differ from college to college.but Rishikul Group of Sanskrit Colleges Allows Candidates of any age group with any Stream in 12th for Shastri Program, if he/she is having keen interest to learn Sanskrit.
BA Hons. Sanskrit / Shastri – शास्त्री : Course Highlights
Tabulated data below represents some major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Undergraduate Degree|
|Examination Type||Annual Exam Scheme|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized board in India|
|Admission Process||Direct Admission ,Online/offline|
|Top recruiting organizations||All kind of Govt. and Pvt. Organizations|
|Top recruiting areas||Indian Army JCO RT, Govt. Teachers , Lecturers ,Assistant Professors,
IAS Officers , SSC Clerk, Bank PO, Army Officers etc.
|Average Course Fee||Rs 20,000 – 1 Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs 2 Lakh – 10 Lakh|
Bachelor or arts Shastri course Syllabus as per MDU Scheme
The basic course curriculum of BA Hon. Shastri is very simple subjects like Hindi , English ,Environment studies and other one more subject which you can Choose out of History , Political Science, Social Science, Economics.As This Degree typically lays emphasis on Detailed study of Sanskrit Literature . To Make Sanskrit easy for learning , it has been divided into three subjects like Sanskrit Sahitayam (साहित्य ) , Vayakarnam (व्याकरणं) , Kavyashastram (काव्यशास्त्रम्)
BA Hons. 1st Year (Shastri ) Subjects And Books
Hindi -अभिनव गद्य गरिमा , काव्य शिखर
English – Chronicles of Time and The Pointed Vision
History (इतिहास)-भारत का इतिहास ( Optional Subject)
Economics (अर्थशास्त्र) -व्यष्टि अर्थशास्त्र ( Optional Subject)
Political science (राजनीति विज्ञान) -राजनैतिक सिद्धान्त (Optional Subject)
Sanskrit Sahitay संस्कृत साहित्य – Raghuvansh(रघुवंश -महाकवि कालिदास ) and Nitishatakm नीतिशतक – भर्तृहरि
- Kavyashastram (काव्यशास्त्रम् ) – काव्य प्रकाश ममट ऋषि रचित
- Vyakarnam व्याकरणं – (लघु सिद्धांत कौमुदी )
BA Hons. 2nd Year (Shastri )
Hindi (हिन्दी ) – अभिनव गद्य गरिमा , जहाज का पंछी-उपन्यास ल . इलाचन्द्र जोशी
English – Sounds of Stillness(Poems ) and Snapshots (one act plays )
History/इतिहास or Political Science or Economic or social Science
Sanskrit Sahitayam संस्कृत साहित्य – (अभिज्ञान शाकुन्तलम् ) , संस्कृत साहित्य इतिहास
Kavya Shastra काव्यशास्त्र -काव्यप्रकाश
व्याकरण -सिद्धांत कौमुदी
दर्शनशास्त्र – पतंजलि योग दर्शन , सांख्यतत्वकौमुदी (Optional)
धर्म शास्त्र – मनुस्मृति (optional)
BA Hons. /Shastri 3rd Year (Final Year)
हिन्दी – अभिनव काव्य गरिमा , साहित्य इतिहास एवं काव्यांग
English – Macbeth (William Shakespeare) , The Eternal muse(Poetry)
लौकिक साहित्यम् एवम् वैदिक साहित्यम्
व्याकरण -सिद्धांत कौमुदी (अनुवाद , निबंध:)
काव्यशास्त्रम् – काव्य प्रकाश , वक्रोक्ति जीवितं
Career Opportunities after Shastri Degree
Here’s an overview of the topics you would likely study in a Shastri programme across 3 Years: Jobs and Career Opportunities for Shastri Students
Since the Sanskrit is very Scoring subject ,so candidates get good percentage in their academic degree. they try for UPSC and most of them Become IAS officers , and some clear the SSC exams and join the Govt jobs as officers . In the ever growing industrialization , the demand for all kind of graduates is increasing rapidly. With a Shastri or BA Hons. Sanskrit degree, candidates with high moral values and great wisdom of decision Making ability,they can find lucrative job opportunities in private as well public sector.
Some of the leading Organizations/groups recruiting Shastri graduates include DAV, Narayana Schools, Euro Schools, All banks , Field jobs, and Government organizations like the Indian Army, and India Navy ,Police, HSCC, UPSC, hires a large number of Sanskrit graduates for various Departments .
Some of the job profiles that one can bag after completing a Shastri Undergraduate programme is that of a:
- JCO RT ( Religious Teacher in Army)
- RT and Sanskrit Teacher in DAV
- IAS Officer
- 1st Class Officer in Govt Departments (SSC)
- Bank PO
- Bank Clerk
- Police Officer
- Army Officer
- Sanskrit Teacher (PGT and TGT)
- Assistant Professor (in Colleges)
- Hindu Ritual Specialist -Karmkand
- Vastu Expert
- Jyotish Expert
- Yoga Teacher and Religious Teacher
- Hindu Storyteller the Kathakar and earn handsome income.
- Go to Abroad As a Religious teacher.
As far as the salary is concerned, a fresher joined in Army as JCO RT might get a salary ranging from Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 80,000 per month. However, it was reported that Candidates who are working in Private sector after Shastri and Practice Yoga and Jyotish or Vastu earns in six figures i.e. more than one lakh per month.
What You Can Do After Shastri or BA Hons. Sanskrit ?
This is one of the most common questions asked by candidates. You could give an instant thrust to your career by pursuing Shastri Graduate Program from Rishikul Sanskrit College Gurugram (Bachelor of Arts Sanskrit ) after 12th(Any Stream).
You get a Degree/उपाधि of शास्त्री you can use as your Surname , which becomes is a sign of respect in our society.like Sh. Lal Bhadur Shastri , Somvir Shastri , Anju Shastri , Sh. Hardev Shastri etc.
Read: Top specializations you can opt for after BA Honors Sanskrit or Shastri Program.
However, there are other options too that you could consider doing after completing your Shastri degree from Rishikul Sanskrit College Gurugram .
- Prepare for UPSC and Take Sanskrit as Optional Subject to become and IAS Officer .(Best Scoring Subject)
- Complete your Master’s degree by studying Acharya .
- You can do your Master’s Degree in Hindi, English , History also as you had these subjects in Graduation.
- You can prepare for the CAT and get selected for MBA in IIMs.
- You can do Bed or Siksha Shastri after Graduation in Shastri to be eligible for Govt Teacher.
- Prepare for H-TET , C-TET, UP-TET etc. to fulfil govt . teacher eligibility Criteria.
- You could also improve your teaching skills and work as a computer teacher/instructor in schools.
- You can do MBA from any MBA College in Marketing,HR etc.
- If you want to become a Lawyer you can do LLB 3 years after Shastri Program.
- You can prepare for Bank PO Jobs.
- You can apply in all kind of Graduate base jobs Vacancies in Govt. sector .
GET IN TOUCH